I haven’t posted anything in this blog in over a year, not good! May be my personal site should be converted from blog to articles.
In awesome news, after 8 years of postponing, I got a mostly new PC! Old case and power supply, but new motherboard, memory, CPU, video card and storage.
The old specs where:
- Fractal Design Define R4 white windowless case with 3 fans installed;
- EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2 power supply;
- Asus P6TD Deluxe motherboard;
- Xeon X5687 CPU (3.6 GHZ, 4 cores);
- 3x4GB DDR3 1333 RAM;
- 240GB Samsung 840 EVO SATA SSD;
- 3TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDD;
- Zotac Geforce GTX 760 AMP!;
- Silicon Image PCIe SATA-3 controller for SSD, since motherboard only has SATA-2;
- NEC PCIe USB 3.0 controller, since motherboard only has USB 2.0.
New specs are:
- same case;
- same power supply;
- Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite motherboard;
- Core i9 9900K CPU (3.6 GHZ, 8 cores);
- 2x8GB DDR4 3200 RAM;
- 512GB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD;
- 1TB Western Digital Blue SATA-3 M.2 SSD;
- ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon RX Vega64.
I love it, everything works fast. Vega64 is a bit weak for 4K gaming. I get about 50fps in Guild Wars 2, and I was hoping for stable 60fps. May be in a year or two I’ll buy a top Nvidia video card, once they start supporting Freesync.